Camp Summit is a "sleep away" camp for children and adults with disabilities. We offer weeklong camp sessions during spring break, summer and fall months as well as weekend sessions and respite days. Campers are offered a wide variety of traditional camp activities in our barrier-free environment all of which are adapted for our campers' abilities and not limited to their disabilities.
Unique to organizations that serve the population with disabilities, Camp Summit has no upper age limit and has campers who have attended camp for over 50 years.
There are no other camps in our region and only a handful of camps in the United States that offer a camping program comparable to Camp Summit. We are unique because:
- We accept campers without regard to the severity of their disability – intellectual and/or physical;
- Our program provides a unique longevity because we have no upper age limit for adult campers;
- Campers register directly with Camp Summit;
- We offer a two-to-one ratio of campers to counselors, with special one-to-one assistance when needed;
- We provide on-site medical personnel, including Registered Nurses and a Physician on-call to ensure the safety and well being of our campers; and
- Financial assistance is available through a sliding scale fee structure and camp scholarship program.